Blog - Written by Emily Wood
It is not unusual for the team at CTC to sit down at a meeting, special occasion or milestone and look back and reflect on the month or year that has been, to discuss the best and the worst moments or our favourite moments we have had together as the CTC team.
With my first-year anniversary fast approaching, I know there will come a time during our milestone celebrations that the question will be asked 'how has your first year been at CTC and what have the highlights been'?
It is something that I have spent some time reflecting on, over the year which has gone by so fast, when looking back over not only the professional successes of how far I've come from where I had started, but also the impact of the relationships I have formed with my team over this period.
While I am not usually one who struggles to articulate how I feel in any given moment, it didn't take long for me to realise that my time at CTC so far has been so much more than words I can put down on paper, so instead I started to think about it in terms of the changes and impact it has had on me and my personal journey.
- There is not a single person in my life outside of CTC who hasn't had to hear me go on and on about how much I love my job.
- My negative beliefs that I had previously built around the typical 'recruiter' have diminished and I am so very proud to work for an organisation that has so much care for others- whether it be helping a candidate find their dream job, or consulting with an organisation to find the perfect fit for their business. (CTC generally cares for each of their contacts)
- When speaking of or describing my work colleagues at CTC, i speak with the up-most respect, love and loyalty (like I would one of my family members)
- I feel 100% supported and encouraged in everything that I attempt to do
- I am free to express my opinion on matters and know that it will be heard
- I am not afraid to 'try' as I know that my team will always have my back and would be there in a second to provide positive reinforcements if there were ever a day that I wasn't feeling 100%.
- CTC is the first workplace that I have ever worked, where I enter the office every morning with such positivity and enthusiasm, often skipping and dancing and always laughing (even if a not so happy colleague tells me to stop being so happy so early haha)
- I can be 100% myself, in all my quirks and weirdness and know that they will be appreciated and encouraged
- That I have 3 incredible people in my life that I would go over and beyond to do anything for.
- That after just one year I struggle to remember life before CTC and nor can I imagine a life without my 3 wonderful colleagues (family)
- I strive to be the best version of myself every day, without fear of being judged or a fear of failing because I am in a safe supportive environment where I have been taught that there are no failures, it's all experience, be it good or bad, we grow from each and every one of them.
- The environment is one of love, support, understanding, acceptance, inspiration, honesty, encouragement, humour, friendship and family. (just to name a few)
So what does CTC mean to me? It simply means that I am home and I am safe to try anything, be brave, make my mark on the world.
I feel so incredibly lucky to have had this opportunity and I know that this is the basis for me to provide 110% in everything that I do for my employers.
So thank you to Chris, Kellie and Kevin for being the people that you are and being such influential and positive role models in my life.